Thursday, May 24, 2007

This is our now

Personally I feel this season of American Idol is a disappointment
with a string of average singers and the usual big voice divas.

But tonight Jordin Sparks proved her mettle and the song 'This is my now' suit her to the T. And the little tear-up at the end prolly tipped the votes to her- =) it was definitely her conviction and belief in every word that she sang, which made 70 million Americans rooting for her.

Not a bad feat for a shy 17 year-old with just a dream...a dream that just became a reality.

Sometimes when I think of people and the pursuit of their dreams, in the end it is not how impossible or how small the dream was but rather how much do they want it to come true
How much you believe in your dream and how far you are willing to risk or give it all for that dream.

And I do ask myself more than once, do I really want this? My dreams are many, some are big and some not-so big, but the thing is will I find the courage in me? When the fear of failure looms larger than even the dreams itself, retreat seems more comfortable then going forward but is it?

C.S. Lewis once said, "Our desire is not big enough, we are like children preferring and content to play with mud pies by the sidewalk, when God wants to take us to the glorious beach" - something to that effect. Everything went seriously wrong after the Fall. Sin is more than separation, it also meant many things were stolen as well- like our courage and the belief that we matter and that indeed we are made in the image of Someone- One is who is bigger than us and who represents everything good and possible.

Cos if you look into the mirror and don't really believe in that image, then whose image you're looking at? Or worse, believing in a lesser and distorted image .

If we want our Tomorrow to be bigger than our Yesterday then, you have to grab it Now.

Watch this.


This is my now
There was a time, I packed my dreams away
Living in a shell, hiding from myself
There was a time, when I was so afraid
Thought I reached the end, baby that was then
I am made of more than my yesterdays

This is my now
I'm really in the moment
Cos I look around
I can't believe the love I see
My fears behind me
Gone are the shadows and doubts

That was then, this is my now


I have the courage like never before
I've settled for less, now I am ready for more
Ready for more

This is my now.





All things are possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home