Saturday, August 05, 2006

Created for God's pleasure

Today I felt hopeless.

I was unhappy with myself and the broken parts of my frail humanity. My personality strengths such as being spontaneous, seizing the day, and wanting to live life to the full could also be my weaknesses. I resent the details but essential routine things. For those who are close to me, they would know I struggle with inconsistency.

I lacked discipline. It shows in my time management, my beautifully disorganized room and even my moods. First it trickles, little things like looming laundry, being late then it overflows to unfinished projects I’ve excitedly started and the dam breaks when I get cranky with people because I’ve used up God’s daily grace.

The funny thing about us humans is, we won’t wait for God and so I follow methods. Timetables, 10 steps, to do lists you name it, I’ve tried it. I want to be consistent because I know if I maintain a consistent relationship with God then everything will be alright. Or so I thought.

Fatigue, boredom, and often the flesh will bring me down and today was one of the worse days.

But today, my significant other reminded me that the reason I am here is because God created me for His pleasure. And that is my first purpose, to bring Him pleasure. (why are u always right, darlin?!)

How liberating! Such freedom in the spirit…and such profound Truth. The daily striving wears me down but praise God, He loves me even before I was created. The struggles, weaknesses, and little successes matter to Him. My very existence stamps his approval. And so I began to pray again and it’s not a chore anymore because in my spirit, it makes Him smile just for me to spend time with Him.

The fact is, no… I didn’t become the most organised or spiritual person overnight. But the Truth is, I am accepted in spite of everything and just as long as I take my relationship with God, the work that I do, and the way I relate and minister to others and everything else as meaningful and pleasurable to God, then I am truly free.

Fact and truth are never same things.

Now, let me just clean my beautifully disorganised room…!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Clinttz said...

Haha.. you are human after all, I am not alone! :D Yeah gal, listen the bf ;D he's got it! Then, just enjoy and groove to John Mayer's Wheel~~

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Sara said...

hahah very funny clintonio wait til u have to listen to ur gf kekekek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home