Sunday, July 23, 2006

Jesus, I am ready

Jesus, I’m ready… to know you as I’m known.

Tonight, standing in the ruins of perceptions, I know what they know about you but it never satisfies.

So strip away the what-ifs, should-haves, might-haves and could-haves, I am ready to start again.

It feels as though someone pushed the pause button on me, while the rest of the world zipped by. This inertia compels me to do something, but does that draw me closer to You? Or do I find a makeshift ‘purpose’ more comforting than silence?

And you know I’m wrestling and I could be stubborn, but you also know I love you with a desperate passion. Lord, there’s still a lot of fight in me left, I won’t let go just as you have never let me go.

For you are Purpose and Truth, when I find you ... until then only will I be ready for them.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger deJelly said...

*wobble..wobble...*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home