Monday, June 26, 2006

Train stops here for now

Station: Lil Penang Island
Arrival: 25 June 2006
Next stop: Only the Station Master knows

Wow, i t has been an exciting ride - I'm on the Express 20s whizzing through many unknown stops not without some rough bumps or overwhelming moments too. It has been a full circle from Penang-Down Under-Penang-KL and now back to Penang.

I'm still processing what I've learnt over the years...and grappling with the concept of living under my parents roof again after 4 years of independence! It's not really a bad thing-free rent, food-laundry even! But I'm glad that I can use this time to bless them back in more tangible ways. I'm looking forward to extravagant sunday brunches with them-on me of course! It's also great to reconnect with them again, now as adults with different dynamics but it's all positive changes I supposed.

Lord help me, I am still having the blues on leaving KL. The city which I used to call KHell (!) has changed me that I find myself to be fond of it despite the horrid jams, frenetic pace and endless concrete flyovers and mega mall shrines. And it's always the people that makes the difference.

Someone reminded me to be present. TODAY is all we can be sure of, no wonder it's called the PRESENT. I have to move on, and not confine myself to inertia or languish in past memories. Yet, the precious moments will always be a part of me.

Strange, I should be happy going home. I will in a few months. Is home really home now? It's probally the nomadic syndrome of travelling too much and not stopping long enough to call anywhere home. And I'm a bit tired of building new friendships long enough to love them to bits but too short to walk away and say goodbye. Too soon.

Which is why I am learning to be Present. I will embrace today and believe in His good plans. And to my friend who is feeling down, please know that there is always someone nearby who needs your friendship. Don't miss it because you are looking back.

For now, it's here. But I'll see you again in the next station of life :)

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Jon Ng said...

Miss Miracle does miracle! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home